New Module: Incident Reports
June 21, 2016
We're excited to launch a new module to record any on-the-job incidents.
The Incident module allows users to quickly and effectively record any incidents that occur on the job. The Field Relay incident report is based on industry standard incident report forms and is an effective way of capturing important incident information.
Here's a closer look at the module:
- Enter basic information about the incident, and relate it to as many categories as applicable.
Track contributing causes and any immediate actions taken.
- If the police were notified, enter relevant information including the police file number.
- Tie the incident to the correlating hazard assessment that was completed earlier that day.
- Choose employees who were involved in the incident - select if they were injured or a witness. If they are injured, enter more information, such as the nature of the injury and where they are currently.
- If somebody was involved in the incident who is not in the system, record their name and phone number.
- Upload an unlimited number of incident photos. Photos are designed to be uploaded using a smart phone.
- Everybody involved in the incident should add a statement. If you get to this stage and realize not everybody needs to make a statement, you can go back and de-select them as one of the people involved. Attach a sketch or other file, and a signature at the bottom of each statement. You will be allowed to save the statement without a signature, but the system will remind you to add it.
- The system sends an email alert to foremen, safety supervisors and account owners to notify them of the incident.
- The incident will show up on the dashboard for 30 days from the day of the incident.
As with all new functionality, if you're already subscribing to Field Relay, you'll automatically have access to Incident Reports. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this new module and how to get it working for you.
Field Relay helps companies access their safety activities, practices and procedures on the jobsite and in the field. Imagine your safety manual online and completely searchable by keyword. Manage and record your toolbox meetings, field level hazard assessments, near misses, incident reports and SDS (MSDSs). All on your mobile device. Hello, paperless jobsite.